Friday, January 23, 2015

Why So Serious?

The master bedroom paint job is complete and I love how it turned out! We started with this awful light blue that was just too close to Carolina blue for comfort. From a design point of view, the blue was not awful, from a collegiate point of view, awful!

Here it is on move-in day in all of it's move-in day glory!
 

And this is where it's been most recently. I was trying to decide between those three swatches on the right and didn't like any of them so I did one more swatch to the left...bingo!  Our room looked like it had chicken pox...there were 3 more swatches painted on the wall behind me in this picture that had lived there since Mr. stripedy stripe stripe


The one on the left is called Serious by Sherwin Williams. I googled pictures of it on walls and liked it and I had been wanting something a little darker. Here is one coat in.


And here's what happens when I discover I'm out of paint stir sticks. I felt like I was brewing a potion!


While I was at it, I bought some caulk and went around the entire top of our baseboards where the caulk was starting to crack. It made a HUGE difference!


Alright....drum roll please!



Still a long way to go but I'm loving the color! It has a little bit of blue in it which is actually what I was originally thinking, a navy blue. I'm thinking an upholstered headboard that I'm going to make myself and for art I think I'm going to go with large wedding prints. I think I'll eventually switch the bedding out but it works for now  and I have to figure something out for the wall the bed is facing but that will probably be down the road because I'm thinking of building something and I don't know how to build anything so that will be an adventure!



2 comments: