Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Stools, Art, and TV's!

We've been making some changes to the downstairs space. I was looking at bar stools online for at least a month. I couldn't decide what I wanted and didn't want to pull the trigger on them because we needed three and that can get expensive. I was looking on Craigslist for some I could rehab and also looking at stores for new ones. Well, Derrick picked some out and gave them to me for Christmas and I absolutely love them!



He got them at Target and the color matches our rug perfectly. We had to assemble them which was tricky at first but by the end we had a system. We also had to return one because of a stain on the cushion and the third one is wobbly so we're waiting on a new leg to be delivered any day now. It's not uncommon with target furniture but they are always super helpful over the phone and send you the replacement part with no issues.


We were trying to decide if we wanted two or three. I think three looks better but we were worried the third one would cut off the access to the kitchen and get in the way. It hasn't been a problem though so I think we're officially going to stick with three.


Another Christmas update was a little art in the foyer. Our first dance was to the song Brooklyn Bridge by Lee Dewyze so Brooklyn Bridge things always catch our eye. We both actually got each other Brooklyn Bridge gifts for Christmas without realizing it which was super sweet. Derrick got me this huge canvas and I got him a t-shirt.


This canvas got shipped to our house before Christmas and Derrick had me open it on Christmas night when we got home. The first time I opened it I thought Derrick had gotten me a 4x3 canvas of a robin in the winter. Weird but I was trying to appreciate his desire to decorate our house. Luckily he quickly said that they had obviously sent him the wrong canvas....he was as surprised as I was because he hadn't opened it when it came before Christmas. We did a quick exchange order on Amazon and then this beauty showed up a few days later. I love it! We have it hanging right in our foyer when you walk in the front door.


I'm on the lookout for a small foyer table or cabinet for under the painting.

Finally, Derrick and I finally mounted our TV in the living room. Derrick got us a really good black Friday deal on a tv and it had been sitting in the box in my office until last week. We finally ordered a mount for it and proceeded to spend the next two hours figuring out how to mount a TV. It's kind of complicated and we had a socket wrench issue.  One week later the TV is still on the wall so I'm confident we actually hit the studs and the TV isn't coming down :)


Excuse the mess. You can see I've taped out a shape on the wall because we also need a piece of furniture for under there. I'm on the hunt!


2 comments:

  1. Steve & I love our Ikea TV stand (that was actually just supposed to be a cabinet but we made it work for our TV). We moved it over from Wimbledon and didn't have any problems. We also drilled holes in the back so we could use all our tech devices).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I've definitely thought about a trip to Ikea and also using a dresser or cabinet under there and converting it. Do you remember which one you got?

    ReplyDelete