Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas in Hickory

We got to spend almost 4 whole days in Hickory for Christmas which was so nice. We finished Christmas shopping, decorated cookies, enjoyed the new fire pit and Mom and I made a trip up to the outlets.






The extended family came over for Christmas Eve dinner so we got dressed up in our finest and enjoyed a delicious dinner!



Gah! My cousin's little girl Evie is so cute!



Derrick and I made a Christmas version of the game Heads Up and played girls vs. guys. Last year the guys beat us at family feud so this year the girls brought the heat and crushed the guys!



Christmas morning was wonderful as always! We opened gifts, drank hot chocolate, and at the end Mom and Dad surprised Derrick and I with our wedding video! We hadn't seen the footage that our friends and family had gotten from our wedding. We thought the camera was broken and we hadn't tracked everything down. My mom got it all together and edited it into a 45 minute movie for us. I LOVED it! I can't wait to have it to watch on our anniversary every year!

Note the matching USA Ultimate t-shirts in these pictures :)



 





Mom found me this crazy Realtor sweater. I don't think I'll be wearing it to any closings but it might come in handy for Halloween :)







 

I got Derrick a Buffalo Bills Mario Williams jersey. He's finally a Williams!


I love celebrating Christmas day with my family. What's even better is that our families live only an hour apart so we get to see both of our families for almost all holidays and don't have to miss out on special times like these! Around lunchtime on Christmas day we loaded up the car and headed to Winston. Post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment