Monday, January 26, 2015

Pickleball

We've been playing pickleball!

You've probably never heard of it unless you've heard me raving about it (or are Alexander who gave us our paddles). It's popular among a more mature crowd. We play with Alexander and Holly and bring the average age of pickleball players down by at least 20 years. Alexander and Holly got Derrick and I paddles for Christmas and we've played almost every weekend since then. It's basically small scale doubles tennis played with smaller paddles and a wiffle ball. It's addicting and we love it.

In fact, we're playing again tonight! Derrick and I are discussing the possibility of converting our driveway into a pickle ball court or possibly hiding one in the wooded property behind our house.

This is the best picture I could get because it's such a fast paced game I was using my camera on my phone.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laurie!

    Looks like you guys are having a great time playing Pickleball. Just a few quick follow-up questions!

    What's the kitchen?
    Are you still using the paddles you got for Christmas? Do you think the paddles are holding you back?
    Any cool pickleball catch phrases?
    Who is the best Pickleball player? Who would win in a 1v1 game, Mario Williams or Beast Mode?

    See you on the court!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna play!.....when it's warmer :)

    ReplyDelete