Friday, January 9, 2015

It's Glinda..... with a Gah!

Wicked last night was fantastic as always! The cast was terrific and it was probably the best Glinda I had seen. Our seats were in the second row which was both good and bad. It was so cool to be so close and really get to see the characters. The costumes were amazing and I felt like I was able to connect with the characters a lot better, being so close. On the other hand, being that close and at that angle we couldn't see the middle of the stage if there was anyone on the side of the stage so we missed some parts and it was harder to view all of the elements as a whole instead of as individual parts. Also, I could see the safety mechanisms, like Glinda's carabiner on the back of her dress to hook her into her bubble and the operators that were hiding behind some of the sets. I also kept getting distracted by watching the cast exit the left side of the stage and hustle and bustle backstage to change wardrobe and prepare for their next scene.

When we got there they let us walk the red carpet!





This picture makes me laugh out loud. Apparently the flash was bright.  




If you haven't seen Wicked and you ever get the chance I would highly suggest it. It's an amazing show on all accounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment