Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hello.

I've been thinking about painting our front door for a while. I always love fun colored front doors and was excited to make a statement with ours when we bought a house. As I've been mulling it over I have never been able to pick a front door color that I liked with our siding color. Our siding is this yellowish-tan color that I'm not super crazy about. First world problems. If we ever have to re-paint I'm picking another color.



The shutters are black and with the tan color I just couldn't find a color that I thought would look good. I thought about navy...but with black shutters? Yellow was out because of the siding color, red, while fun and wolfpacky I just wasn't feeling and for whatever reason, I don't like maroon. Maroon, is like black, a generic front door color, why paint it at all. I liked the idea of purple but I just could never settle on anything...until now. Now, we have the cutest front door on the block. Before:


After:


Super subtle from the street, impossible to see really, but when you get up to the door, I'm in love! I think it's so cute and cheeky. And, if we ever get tired of it, it's just a vinyl sticker so we can peel it right off.


2 comments: