Tuesday, January 13, 2015

We Believe That We Will Win!

I don't know how I haven't posted about this yet! I wasn't allowed to for a while because the official announcement hadn't come out but now it's out and I am still so freaking excited!! Little baby Jack made Team USA!

It's completely crazy and exciting. He'll be playing on the men's 23 and under team in London in July. It was a huge honor just to get selected for tryouts which were right before Thanksgiving. Jack said the competition was stiff and he was playing against guys a lot older then him and who had been playing for many more years then he has. He's only been playing for about 2.5 years and the first year of that was spent paying his dues on the sidelines. He's just freakishly athletic and very sports smart. Reading the field comes naturally to him and I think the coaches liked how moldable he was. When they asked him to do something or adjust his play style at tryouts they were happy to see him do it right away.

The whole family is going and we're making a family vacation out of it! I'm so excited!! Derrick and I are still sorting out the logistics of our trip. We want to do Ireland and maybe Scotland while we're there but haven't figured out exactly when or how we're going to break it up. Either way it promises to be a memorable trip and I can't wait!

Jack knows who to thank for his talent, Raleighwood of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment