Thursday, January 3, 2013

Starting off 2013 with a win!

Derrick and I started out 2013 doing what we love...playing Frisbee!! We signed up for a hat tournament through the local Ultimate organization here in the triangle. A hat tournament is just a one day tournament where you are randomly placed on a team and play 5-6 short games. I was assigned to the Green team and Derrick was put on Black. The New Years hat tournament is usually a lot of young high school players mixed with a few experienced club players. It's great to see so many people playing ultimate at such a young age, but it can also be frustrating when the play gets sloppy. Derrick's team didn't have very much experience on it. He was definitely the star player and even told me about a kid who idolized him the whole day. My team was also fairly young, but they had been playing for a bit longer then Derrick's team. My team actually ended up winning the whole tournament which was pretty cool. Derrick's team took 5th.

Oh...did I mention it was 48 degrees and raining? Yeah...we're crazy.

Here's the championship team!


1 comment: