Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cord Storage...Corage...Cordage...Stordage

Two posts in one day...what??

So I've been really annoyed with our home office/guest room recently. It's turned into our dumping ground..especially after Christmas. So, that room became a main focus of mine during my organizational mid-twenties crises. I'll get more into it later, but for now, I wanted to show off my awesome cord storage solution! We have lots of random cords for charging things and connecting cameras to the computer. I'm notorious for never knowing where the cord I need is. One of the reasons Derrick chose the camera he got me for Christmas is because the cord is pretty generic. I had to buy a new one for my old camera almost every time I wanted to put pictures on the computer....not cool.

So, to wrangle all these annoying cords I made a cord box!


I had this old picture/filing box laying around. I've had it for years and it's just tagged along with every move I make. I decided to upcycle it from junk holder to cord organizing extraordinaire!

All I did was take a couple pizza boxes from our recycling bin and created some fancy schmancy dividers.


Then I just covered the ugly cardboard with some extra scrapbook paper I had lying around and Ta-Da!! Now there is a space for every cord! And it's labeled! Oh..and Santa? I want a label maker next year :) Thanks Big Guy!


 
Now if only something to store extension cords and surge protectors could be so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment