Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Who Slayed Santa?

This year for our annual "Derrick's Friends" Christmas party we had a murder mystery at our place! I only say Derrick's friends so you know which friend group I'm talking about. I like these people too :)

We've been rotating who hosts each year so this year Derrick and I were up. We had a potluck type dinner, ornament exchange, and ended with a murder mystery...hence the random compilation of clothing we're all wearing! Thanks to Rebecca for taking all these pictures.



Baby Chloe Rawls came for dinner and the ornament exchange. In fact, she WON the ornament exchange! In this case winning means taking home the Russell Wilson ornament. Chloe....we need to talk about a trade.


The massage therapist, carnival worker, cafeteria worker, and....Derrick. The alternative guy. I forget his actual character description.


I got the frumpy daycare worker. And I also got the ornament that I brought because it was adorable. Derrick got a Mr. Wuf! Can't ever have enough NCSU on the tree!



Holly was the accident prone one that was suing everybody!

 
Robin was a reality TV star who LOVED Santa Clause and Greg was an a$$hole waiter from a snooty restaurant.


And Rebecca! The rich socialite with mob affiliations!!



I think the murder mystery part of the party went OK. It was a downloadable game that we paid for and then got rights to so we had to print everything off. My only complaint was there wasn't enough direction for Derrick when running it. It needed to be a little more detailed about when he was supposed to move on and when he was supposed to hand things out. I also think it would have been better to do over a longer period of time so we could more naturally have the necessary conversations. It got a little confusing and hard to remember everything that everybody was throwing out there.

But, it was still a super fun night and I'd do another one! Just with a few tweaks! Rebecca and Michael stayed for the rest of the weekend and Rebecca got some adorable pictures of the pups. I'll post later!


No comments:

Post a Comment