Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Around the House

Christmas has come to the Marcey house! Every year after Christmas I raid target and stock up on decorations that are 75% off. Then I forget about them all year until I pull them out the following Christmas. It's like Christmas has come early!

One thing about our house that I would change is the lack of wall space. I guess that's what you get with an open floorplan but I really do find it difficult to work with sometimes because there aren't walls to hang things on or set furniture against. In the living room/kitchen we have three usable walls....one is the wall over the fireplace, the 2nd is the wall with the TV mounted on it, and the third has a large mirror on it. So, it's just motivation to get the dining room done! I've been mulling paint colors recently so hopefully soon!

Anyways, here's how I've merried our house!

In person our tree doesn't look as bare as this picture makes it look. Slowly but surely we're adding to our collection. Also, how do we have so many presents under the tree already?? That pile has almost doubled as of today. We're going to have a full car heading to Hickory in a couple weeks


This Merry Christmas banner was purchased new this year. I can't resist that copper color right now!


Goodwill during this past year for about 50 cents a pop!




I love my estate sale ceramic tree! I bought a few extra lights to fill in the bare spots and it's one of my favorite new additions this year. Also, that is a picture of Santa and Crosby.


These were on super clearance last year at Target. They are stupid simple to assemble and I think they are pretty fun! I'd like about 10 more to make a whole forest!



Those wreaths on the right are now hanging at half mast. The curtains fell a couple weeks ago and they haven't quite made it fully back up yet.



Grandpa's winter paintings are out! And may stay out year round!



It's just enough to be festive and hopefully won't be a huge project to take down. Otherwise we may be celebrating Christmas all year!


1 comment:

  1. Great job! Love the Christmas album on the mantle :) Also, that wreath with the reindeer in the middle is so cute! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete