Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Tree!

You thought I was kidding yesterday didn't you. This is what my living room looks like now that I've cleaned up a little bit!


So many blogs only post pretty pictures. Not here, this is real life people!

Typically my family drives up into the mountains the friday after Thanksgiving. We go to the same tree lot, take a hayride up the mountain, pick our tree, then have lunch at the same diner on the way back down the mountain. This year things were a bit different since we were in Morrisville for Thanksgiving.  This year we loaded up the car and drove 3 minutes down the road to a tree lot. All of the trees were strung up from the ceiling making the whole search a little ominous. It lasted about 10 minutes and then we headed back home for nap time! We still managed to land the prettiest tree in the whole lot so tradition wasn't completely blown.




They had a tree shaker! This thing vibrated the tree for a good 30 seconds so all of the dead needles would fall out. It was great! This was the first year we didn't have a trail of needles from the front door to the tree stand!


The tree is currently up and decorated and we've even set it on a timer so it comes on in the evenings when we get home. Once the house is back in order I'll post some pictures of the house all decorated. For now, I'll leave you with another picture of real life. Mom bought us a Moravian star and I LOVE it. Derrick and I hung it right above the front porch stairs and lit it up! 10 minutes later we heard a massive crash.


Don't worry Mom! The only casualty was the light bulb which I've already replaced and we've re-hung it. We altered our hanging method and it's been up for almost 24 hours without falling so I think we're out of the woods.

I'm just glad no one was underneath it when it fell. Those points are sharp! And clearly very strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment