Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Young House Love LOVE

Last night was a dream night! If you've been reading this blog for any length of time now you've probably heard me refer to Young House Love as inspirations for a lot of our house projects and even as an inspiration for this blog. They are a DIY couple who started a blog about 8 years ago to document their kitchen renovation. They ended up getting so much support and such a following they were able to quit their jobs and blog full time. They stopped blogging about a year ago to achieve a better work/life balance but still have a huge fan base.

They just released their second book and are currently on a nationwide book tour and yesterday they were in RALEIGH!!! I was so excited when I saw the announcement that they were coming to Raleigh and I immediately put it on my calendar. 

Now prepare yourself for a half dozen paparazzi creeper pics. 







I went with Madi and Lily who were awesome to go with because they were both just as giddy excited as I was. After we had our books signed we just stood in the corner watching the and gushing about them for the next 20 minutes. Seriously guys.....we were fan girling pretty hard. 




When we got up to meet them they were as nice as we expected them to be. We talked about cupcakes then I told Sherry that I was going to touch her. True story. Awkward hand on the shoulder. Worth it. 



Signing the guest book for them.


Then came the thrill of the night. I instagrammed our group shot and Young House Love hearted it and commented on it! I screamed, Derrick came running because he thought something was wrong, then he jumped up and down with me.


Best night ever! You should order their book. I'm trying to be disciplined and get some work done today so I'm rewarding myself with book breaks. 

1 comment: