Monday, September 21, 2015

Gen Blue Recap

Chicago was an awesome experience! Much more then I expected. I was so nervous going into it because I just wasn't sure what to expect but I ended up meeting some awesome people and coming home feeling refreshed and ready to get back to business! 

Coldwell Banker was very good to the 30 under 30 recipients. The opening session was at the Chicago Theater and each of the 30's and a guest had reserved seating right down at the front. That in itself felt like the royal treatment because the theater was packed! The best part? Free popcorn for the show!




The theater was booming with a DJ and some great speakers that came to get us ready for the week. They had the 30's stand to be recognized which was pretty cool. After a second I realized they were projecting a live video of us up on the big screen so I tried really hard to act normal and not stare at myself on the big screen. You know you do that when you facetime! After the session our CEO Eb Moore treated all the HPW agents to dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant. We ate well while we were in Chicago!

Mom was an excellent travel partner and found us an awesome room right on the lake at the W Chicago. 


The next morning was the 30 under 30 awards breakfast where we were greeted by CEO of Coldwell Banker Budge Husky, Chief Operating Officer Mike Fischer, and Chief Marketing Officer Sean Blankenship. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast, got to meet all the other 30's and received our awards. I think I started a pointing at yourself trend :) 


I managed to stay on my feet the whole way up to accept my award! 





Coldwell Banker had reserved the entire AMC theater for our break out sessions so we had comfortable and tiered seats for our full day of learning. It was pretty perfect and Mom even grabbed a photo of the 30's being flashed on the screen before the session started. Definitely not too proud over here.... :)


After the sessions we had reservations with some others from my office at Gibsons. Wow! I don't typically frequent restaurants that bring raw cuts of meat to show and tell before ordering. That's the mark of fancy place. It was delicious! 



I ordered the small prime rib. The SMALL! This steak was 2 inches thick and as big around as my head! I felt really bad not eating it all but I had no chance. It was amazing!


And for dessert he carved a gigantic mountain of ice cream for us. Commence the food coma.


On Friday the 30's were invited to an Elite session with the other top producers in Coldwell Banker. It featured speakers brought in just for us including a gentleman from google and the incredible keynote speaker Gayle Lemmon. Tesla was also there representing. I don't have much care for cars one way or another but even I know this is a pretty car.



We also had a very cool chocolate and whiskey tasting. This was my first shot of whiskey ever. I'm more of a thin mint martini girl as you can see in the photos above. It buuuuuurrrrrrrnnnnnnnneeeed!


Friday night was the closing part at none other then Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears! Here I am teaching Weston ( a fellow 30 under 30) that every sports venue should be graced with a Wolfpack sign.


Mitch is a fellow 30 under 30 from Seattle and came sporting his Seahawks gear as well.



One of the coolest things they had was 360 camera. This thing was amazing and so fun! I think I went in three times but this one is definitely my favorite.


The best part of the week was getting to know the other 30 under 30 winners. Seriously, these are some awesome people and they are all so deserving of this award! Everybody was so down to earth and so fun to be around. I feel very honored to be included in this group and hope to stay in touch with them in the future!





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you and your mom had a great time. Congrats and well-deserved! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete