Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hello Yellow!

My mom gave me some great decorating advice when we moved into this house. She said pick 3 colors that are going to be the main colors in your house and use these with neutrals throughout your whole house to make it feel cohesive. I'm not a complete follower....hello Wolfpack red! but I have always had that in the back of my mind when I'm on the fence.

I'd say our three colors are blue (navy NOT Carolina), yellow, and green/tealish. The green kind of got grandfathered in because of our green living room. So anyways, all that to say I've brought in some more yellow!

The laundry room is the next room I want to get under control. The only thing I'd done up to this point was add a rug.


True Life: My laundry room is a dumping ground. Just keeping it real.



The plan is to change the wall color, add storage to that crazy dumping zone and build open shelving between the cabinet and the wall to fill in that unused space. Derrick jumped on board so we're forging ahead and moving the laundry machines this weekend to knock the painting out.

Last week I got started and added a little personality to the room by painting the door to the garage. It started here.


And we ended up here.


I love it! And I think it's going to look even better with darker walls. The color is Full Sun by Eddie Bauer and I just got Sherwin Williams to match the color. This door is pretty much only used by Derrick and I but I love seeing this pop of color when we look down the hallway.


I'm excited to see how this room comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment