Tuesday, August 11, 2015

30 under 30

I realized I never announced my exciting work news that I alluded to two months ago and I really should because it's very exciting and a huge honor.

Earlier this year my broker in charge (BIC) started asking me a bunch of elusive questions and he told me he couldn't tell me what it was for. He asked about my mom and my business and my client experiences among other things. Then, randomly, I got an email telling me I'd been nominated for one of Coldwell Banker's 30 under 30 and they needed proof of my age.

What??? Is this real? Nominated for 30 under 30?? Needless to say I was completely floored and flattered.

Well....just a week later I got an email "from" the CEO of Coldwell Banker International congratulating me on my selection as one of Coldwell Banker's inaugural 30 under 30 real estate agents.

WHAT???!!!!???

At first I looked at the email and didn't really know what I was looking at. I got the email in the car on the way to brunch with Jack and Jay. Then I said it out loud to them and they both freaked out which made me realize what a big deal it was. And then I had more time to think about it and continually become stunned, honored, and humbled over and over and over and over again.

This is the first year that CB has given this award so no one really knows what it will entail but one of the perks is a free registration at the huge Coldwell Banker conference in Chicago in September and and entry into the elite invite only portion of the event. I think there will also be a recognition breakfast at the conference.

My firm made a nice announcement here: http://blog.hpw.com/2015/07/13/hpw-happenings-coldwell-banker-30-under-30-list-spotlights-laurie-marcey/ which made it sink in even more.

I want to say thank you to everybody! This is an incredible honor to be chosen and I have so many people to thank. Derrick for believing in me enough to support me quitting my job 3 years ago and devote full time to RE. My family (immediate and in-law) for the encouragement and support along the way. My Mom for blazing the RE path and always being there for advice or to hear me out and really be able to empathize. My amazing friends and the entire triangle frisbee community who have rallied behind me and gotten my business to where it is today, and my awesome clients who  I have genuinely enjoyed working with and learned so much from. I also can't forget the office management staff, mentors, and colleagues that have helped me along the way!

This is a true honor!

4 comments:

  1. I can't think of anyone more deserving! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! Can't wait for the trip :)

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete