Thursday, August 13, 2015

Marcey Louvre

I've been thinking about adding a gallery wall up our staircase for a while and when Derrick went to Seattle for a week I got bored and got to work! I was able to use only frames I already had. At first I tried to decide if it would look better if all the frames were the same color but I didn't have enough just dark or just white frames. Also, that's a little too perfect looking for me.

I have a ton of brown craft paper from Thanksgiving so I used a lot of that to make templates of all of the frames I had and tape them on the wall. That way I could figure out placement without putting a lot of unnecessary holes in the wall.


Then it was just as simple as placing the pictures in their right place! I used some nails, a few anchors, but mostly command strips since a lot of the frames are light weight and sometimes we throw Crosby's ball down the stairs :)


I'm thrilled with how it turned out. It's fun and quirky. We have very few photos around the house...not because we don't want them up, but we just really haven't gotten that far in decorating, so I'm glad to have this wall with some personal photos.




This is one of my favorite parts. I had this old piece of scrap wood and we got our free USA Ultimate sticker in the mail (we get one every year) so I just stuck the sticker to the wall and whallah! Instant personal art.



I still have some changes to make. All of the frames have exactly what they had in them already so I need to switch out some pictures. For instance, this 3-frame has a picture of our friend Blue and her dog and a note she wrote to us. It was part of a shower gift and her way of gifting us the frame and it's hilarious. Unfortunately, we'll probably end up switching out the picture for family photos but I think it's hilarious she's on our wall right now.


I'm very happy with how it turned out! Hope you like it!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! It looks great - very artsy and not too perfect - very organic

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete