Monday, August 24, 2015

Tweakin

I was on a roll there for a little while and then google fiber had the ultimate sabotage! They are coming to Morrisville first (because we are the heart of the triangle. obviously) and they started digging everybody's yard up. They sliced right through our cable/internet line last Wednesday and didn't look back. Three of the most productive days later we were finally back to our regularly scheduled lounging.

To catch you up, here's what we've been up to. I added a quirky little touch to the kitchen and I'm still deciding on it. I love the idea of it but I think I want to stain them a little darker so they don't pop quite as much. We have our trashcans hidden in our cabinets for Crosby reasons but no one ever knows where they are and inevitably trash always ends up in the recycling bin so I had these cutouts made and applied them with command strips.

I think they are really cute and add a little humor to the kitchen but again, just a little too poppy. I want to live with them for a while but I think I'll end up staining them darker.


We are also the proud new owners of a real, purchased by us, piece of furniture! We've gotten very lucky to have some great hand-me-downs from our parents and I've also found some great thrift store finds so this is actually the first NEW piece of furniture we bought for this house. It's a new TV stand for the superbowl room. 

The old one was a craigslist find 4 years ago and was a little small for the TV. Plus it wasn't real wood and it was starting to bow in the middle. 


I was at homegoods last week and saw this beauty. Homegoods doesn't always have super high quality furniture. It's not bad...they just aren't a furniture store so it's not always made to last and you always want to push on them and make sure the legs are even and the piece is sturdy. This is real wood and very solidly made. Plus it's at least a foot longer then our old one so it is way more proportional with the giant TV. The TV was as long as the other one and I think it looks way better with this one. 


On Friday night CK and Irene stopped by for dessert and to hang out. Crosby LOVES CK and Irene. Seriously, she adores them. She got a little too excited and sprinted off into the woods for about 5 minutes. It was the first time we had trouble finding her which was a little scary but we knew she would come back. We also knew she was probably ignoring our calls and rolling in something stinky. Man were we right. She came back smelling like a dead animal. I didn't want to take her upstairs for a bath because CK and Irene were there and I wanted to keep visiting so I threw her in the sink and scrubbed her head down. Take that Crosby! She was pretty embarrassed.


On Saturday I finally made it to Lazy Daze! It's a huge art festival in Cary with over 400 vendors. I haven't been able to go the past couple years. Holly went with me and we spent a good 4-5 hours checking out every booth, eating from delicious food trucks, and buying lots of awesome handmade goods.


Finally, most exciting of all, I got my first par!!! Derrick and I went golfing on Sunday morning at the par 3 course in Apex. It was such a gorgeous day and we were behind a slower group which took the pressure off me since it was only my 2nd time. I was able to relax and not worry about holding people up behind me. My goal was a 45 and I think I scored a 49 but I was able to get my first par! A 77 yarder from the women's tees straight onto the green, a 30 foot putt to lay it up next to the hole and a tap in! It was awesome!!! That's my first par hole in the background!

\


Golf is not one of those sports I ever thought I would enjoy but it's actually pretty fun and low pressure on a par 3 course. We only played 9 holes...I think it will take a few more times to get my stamina up for 18, but it's an awesome way to spend a beautiful morning! Jack is a high school champion golfer. I guess we see where he got that too. Just like his ultimate skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment