Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Red, White, and Win!

I'm going to lump the rest of the tournament play (except finals) into one post because there is a pretty big theme encompassing all of the games. That would be WINNING! The USA teams were dominant through the entire week, almost to the point where it got a little bit boring by the end of the week. The men's team was beating teams 17-4 consistently through pool play. 

My only regret for the whole experience was not bringing enough USA swag. I we had these tiny little flags I picked up at Michael's before we left but that was it. If I did it again I'd bring a huge flag, America socks, and face tattoos.

 













 




The weather was typical England weather... we always had our rain jackets just in case and we were taking layers on and off throughout the day. We couldn't have been luckier though. It really only rained on the first day so by the afternoon games the grass was dry enough to sit on and it never got too hot. 

Jack was able to hang out with us one afternoon when they only had one game so we went into St. Alban's downtown to walk around and grab dinner. We happened across a store called Jack Wills. It really is the summer of Jack. 



Cute St. Albans downtown and cute boy.



We visited St. Albans cathedral and the choir was practicing. It was really pretty.




This is where we had my favorite meal of the trip. I forget what it was called but it was this cool little Italian place near the open air mall.


The bathrooms were worthy of a picture.



Spoiler Alert! The USA men won the tournament but that's a whole other set of pictures so I'll post again tomorrow!  We're almost done recapping the trip and then we'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:

  1. I love reliving the trip through your blog - great job!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete