Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Yard Befores

Who wants to place bets on how long it will take me to post the afters?

I like our yard and I think it looks on par with others in our neighborhood. There is definitely room for improvement though and I'm on a mission to make it look good. I know it will evolve over the years and may take a few years for everything to mature and really get how I want them to be but Dad's helping me make a plan and I hope to execute the start of my plans soon. For now, here are some before pictures.


Looks way better from far away. If you get up close the bushes and weeds are out of control.




Dead grassy patches courtesy of the trashcans. 



My goals for the yard includes adding color, creating a bed around the mailbox so it's easier to mow, and changing the birdbath area. That big tree next to the sidewalk makes it hard to get out of a car right there and I think the birdbath is just gross....it just holds stagnant water. I'd really like to replace it with a solar powered lamp post. I also have seen a purple flowering tree in some of my neighbors yards that I absolutely love so I'm hoping to determine exactly what it is and put one in our yard!



No comments:

Post a Comment