Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cup Of Joe

Our pantry is a big mess. I organized it once and it lasted about 1 day so now it's back to being a mess. That's not what I'm posting about today though. The idea did stem from my messy pantry though! The pantry isn't huge so I was trying to figure out how to get more space and I realized that almost half of an entire shelf was dedicated to coffee stuff. Derrick and I don't drink coffee! Every once in a while Derrick will stop and get a cup somewhere but that is very rare and he never makes himself a cup at our house.  I don't like the taste of tea or coffee.

We do, however, have guests (read parents) that like coffee and hot tea :)  So, I decided to clear out the coffee from the pantry and set it up in a place that our guests can use but that doesn't take away pantry space.



I shopped our house and was able to put this all together with stuff we already had. It's right inside the guest bedroom. There is an outlet right there for the coffee maker already. I got the table for free off of Craigslist and it's actually a sewing table with the machine still inside.

I may change out the sign, but for now I just used my little homemade chalk board. It's just a $2.00 frame I got at goodwill and spray painted with chalk board paint. It's currently covering the two mistake holes that I drilled in the wall :) The little vase was 99 cents at goodwill and is holding sugar packets and the shelf was $2 at the flea market years ago. I had bought those hooks to hang our stockings under the mantle so I just screwed them onto the bottom of the shelf to hold the mugs. The basket was from our old apartment and the blue napkin was a $2 clearance find at World Market!


The only thing missing is.....Coffee! Haha, the old stuff expired and, since I'm not a coffee drinker, I don't really know what to buy. I'm sure Derrick's Mom and my Dad will tell us what they like though and then we'll get that in there for them!

3 comments:

  1. I feel comfortable speaking for all parents involved....Thank You! How cute and creative that is. I think I need to visit that guest room soon. (And I don't mind bringing my own coffee☺)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also excited about this addition! Very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It will make the room feel like a B&B! Look forward to visiting soon!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete