Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring is Here!

Derrick and I have been keeping up with our Insanity workouts for a week and a half now! Doesn't sound like much but we typically don't stick with workouts this long. I think we're both realizing that our college Frisbee metabolisms have been carrying us for the last couple years and now it's finally starting to slow down. It's nice to keep each other accountable and really sweat again....although there are definitely days when I don't want to do it. I'm already feeling better, stronger, and thinner though so I'm definitely planning on keeping it up!

Meanwhile, I'm trying to jump headfirst into spring! I am loving the longer days and warmer weather. Derrick and I seeded the lawn about a week and a half ago and so far it looks like it didn't do a thing. Not sure how long it's supposed to take to see little baby grassies but so far nada. I am starting to make other plans for our yard though and luckily my dad is a landscaping pro and is only a call away!

Today I made a quick trip to Michaels to update an old wreath for the front yard. Nikki gave us this wreath right after we got married and it stayed on our front door for the next two years. It was looking great for the first year but then we started finding flowers around the breezeway the second year and by the end it was just plain sad.


I definitely wanted to re-use the wreath. Nikki's mom made it out of branches from their mountain house and I love it! So, I stripped it down and started over!
 

Here's where we ended up!



I think it's really cute with our little hello. and I love that I was able to re-use the M. I was thinking about re-painting it but I think the green still works. I started out by wrapping wire around the M to keep it on the wreath but I didn't like that look so I ended up stapling three staples halfway into the back of the M and weaving the wire through those and around the wreath. Worked like a charm! For now, the flowers are just stuck in through the twigs of the wreath and staying well but I may need to go back and wire them into place if they start blowing away. I don't want to hot glue them because I'd like to be able to use the wreath as long as possible!


I also got some fresh flowers for our kitchen table!


It's gross and rainy today but this is making it feel a little more cheerful! Tonight my friend Peggy is coming into town to stay with us and cheer on the Wolfpack. I'm excited! I haven't seen Peggy in years!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Those colors are so pretty!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete