Friday, March 6, 2015

Goodwill Glory

Have you ever read those blogs that do house tours and they point to some amazingly beautiful thing in their house and the owner is like, yeah, that was $1.00 at Goodwill and then you speed to Goodwill just certain that you are going to find something just as amazing and perfect for your home for $1.00 and you leave empty handed and jealous? Story of my life.

Until now! I'm about to make you those weepy, jealous blog readers. I'm sorry...I love you, I really do..but I'm basking in my amazing Goodwill find yesterday!


Amazing right? I just popped in like I try to do once a week. Most of the time I leave with nothing. But yesterday I found this amazing little side table marked for only $5. It had to wobble right? Or have a huge hole in the back? No...perfect! I stashed it by the registry and headed back to look at other stuff and out of nowhere this beautiful wicker chair had appeared. I don't know how I missed it the first time.

I stared at it for about 5 minutes...then I sat in it for about 10. It was only $10 but does wicker work inside a house? Is it gross to use a Goodwill cushion? Was Derrick totally going to hate it? I walked away and this other woman walked up to it and my insides screamed so as soon as she turned her back I grabbed my beautiful wicker chair and dashed for the checkout line! I 100% love it and Derrick actually likes it too!

I put it upstairs in the superbowl room. We'd been looking at a chair for up there and, after furniture shopping on Tuesday, this chair came in about $240 under anything we had considered and I loved it the most!




I call them our "Up" chairs...like the movie. Derrick has his recliner and I have my wicker. Here's a question for you though. With the new chair I moved everything to the right so now the art is centered on the wall but not over the couch....what should I do? Center couch or center wall?

Also, see those new orange pillows? $2 each at an estate sale this morning....still had the tags on them!


I really love the chair and end table up here....It fills the space just perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment