Wednesday, December 10, 2014

This year's tree!

Last week on date night Derrick, Crosby, and I headed out to get our Christmas tree. We went to the same lot we went to last year and I love it. It's super close to our house but on the other side of the main highway so it feels secluded and they string lights over everything to make it look magical!



Those pictures stink. It's better in person, just take my word for it!

We knew exactly what we wanted this year. Do you remember Harry from last year? I really liked the different type of needles and Derrick really liked that I was happy with our tree :) I also knew that I wanted a really big tree because it was our first chance now that we're in a house. They had four to choose from. Three were really short and then they had this gigantic one!



The little one next to it was $40 and the giant one didn't have a price so I asked the guy. He asked if we got a tree last year (yes) and how much we wanted to pay....$40? I had a very hard time playing it cool and casually saying, "sure, that will work" when I really wanted to back flip through the lot and strap the tree to the car myself before he could change his mind!

We had them lop about a foot off of it so it would fit in our house and then we bought a tree stand and a wreath and called it a night!




Demon Crosby


Even after we took a foot off the bottom Derrick still had to trim the top.


Thank goodness the branches have fallen since this. Crosby had no problem laying underneath the tree without


So now our house is looking a little cheery! I definitely don't have Christmas stuff everywhere. It's going to take us a while to add to our collection but I try to get something new every year. Please ignore our tree topper. The tree is too tall so it doesn't fit so it's just sitting on some branches in front :)



This is my something new!! I got 4 of these lanterns at an estate sale for about $2 a piece and I spray painted them red and put those battery flickery candles in them. They sit on the front porch when it's not raining and I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment