Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving in Hickory

After spending Thanksgiving Day in Morrisville Derrick and I drove to Hickory to spend some time with my family. My uncles and cousin from Florida came for the weekend to visit so we started the weekend out with a few drinks by the new fire pit my dad built.







This firepit is truly incredible. It started out as a sloped bank of dead plants and Dad leveled it and created the most beautiful space. By Hand. By Himself. It's incredible.


The next morning was the annual tree hunt up in the mountains. This year we had to take three cars and we were on the road by 9:00 so we could be back in time for football. It was the largest group we've ever taken so we were really crammed into the hayride.






Julie doesn't get to see a lot of snow in Florida so she was thrilled to be able to have a snowball fight.


 


Then of course, we stopped by Myras in Valdese. It's become a tradition to stop here every year and my family never passes up a tradition.




That night Nikki and Justin came over for games. I miss having her in Raleigh but I love knowing she'll always be in Hickory when I'm in town!


 

Derrick won all the games....typical.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love having it all documented so beautifully. Thank you!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete