Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dirty Santa and Ellie Christmas

Every year we draw names with Derrick's family for gifts and also have a dirty Santa ornament exchange. It's always nice because his whole family gets together for food and gifts and it's always a lot of fun. This year we did it the Saturday before Christmas.

Ellie was the star of the show, as usual. How cute are her fuzzy boots!




Derrick and I brought a Repunzel Disney ornament. Trey picked that one and after he opened it he swore we were ruining his life. <cue evil laugh>


UNC fans....we're working on it. Derrick and I plan on bringing Ellie over to the side of the Wolfpack.


This was Derrick's gift from Kevin from the name draw. It's a bouldering chalk bucket which can sit on the floor while you're bouldering. I think he liked it :)




Derrick and I plotted and schemed during the dirty Santa ornament exchange and ended up with the two best ornaments. It helped that we drew numbers right next to each other and were able to steal from each other to lock them in. I love our two monsters! I also love this picture of us, it's one of my favorite to date.


The next day we celebrated Ellie's first Christmas. Kevin, Leanna, and Ellie flew down to Florida for Christmas day so we weren't able to see them on Christmas morning so we celebrated her first Christmas a couple days early. She's only 6 months old but is totally into ripping the paper and unwrapping.






This is the outfit we got Ellie for Christmas. It has cute tutu pants and is super adorable on her.

 



Leanna and Kevin got Derrick and I the game Heads Up. It was developed by Ellen Degeneres and I am now obsessed with it! We played a lot when we went home to Hickory. Ellie just chilled out on Derrick's lap while we played a round after presents. Derrick said he forgot she was there sometimes because she was being so still!


Both Christmas celebrations were so great. They really got us in the Christmas spirit as we headed to my parent's house in Hickory. I love that we can look forward to this every year and I am excited for Ellie to be even more into Christmas next year! It's gonna get wild!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm.....it's debatable whether or not those were the two best ornaments :) But agreed, it's always a fun time!

    ReplyDelete