Sunday, December 15, 2013

Getting in the Christmas Spirit!

Last Tuesday I had pretty much given up on Christmas. Not given up on celebrating Christmas but gave in to the fact that it was already December 10th and we didn't have a Christmas tree and we hadn't started our Christmas cards and it wasn't going to happen this year. It was only our 2nd Christmas as the Marcey's and we had already failed at making it festive. I texted Derrick in dramatic fashion and he texted back, "It'll be fine, we'll get a tree tonight."  Crisis averted!

I can be a real drama queen sometimes.

So on Tuesday we get our beautiful tree and named him Harry (because Derrick said Bushy isn't a real name). My family has always gotten the traditional breed of Christmas tree but I fell in love with this fuzzy Concolor fir tree. Derrick was not 100% sold until he saw the price tag. For some crazy reason this incredible tree is priced lower than those other traditional trees. Treecism? Tracism? Tree Racism? Anyways, Derrick told me that I'm usually an expensive girl so he has to support me anytime I show interest in the cheaper things in life. I'll take it!! Harry came home with us!

Crosby couldn't take her eyes off of it.


So Derrick stepped in to create a photo op.


We brought him home and finally got around to decorating him AND making our Christmas card last night. Here he is in all of his glory!


It was fun to go through the ornaments this year. We had a lot that I didn't remember. Our Crosby ornament is always our tree topper.


Here's our lighthouse ornament! We've started trying to get ornaments when we go on trips. We got this when we took a long weekend in Kitty Hawk for Travis and Claire's wedding.


Can't have Christmas without the Buffalo Bills.



These are the homemade ornaments I made two years ago and they are still holding strong. They will be the first to go as we add ornaments to our collection and run out of space but for now they are great space fillers.


And my favorite, the Christmas love hedgehogs. That's Derrick and I.


We did a minimal amount of decorating around the house. We brought out our picture of Crosby and Santa and there is a Christmas hand towel in the bathroom. I'll probably do more whenever we buy a house but we don't typically have tons of people over to our apartment and there aren't a ton of great spaces to decorate so we're fine being minimal for now. We did, however, decorate my pumpkin that I can't seem to part with yet.


Oh, and I mentioned we shot our Christmas card. Those are being rush delivered by Tuesday so hopefully they'll be delivered by Christmas! I'll post more of that later so I don't ruin the surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment