Friday, December 6, 2013

Celebrating the Turkey p.3 - Beach Weekend

After waking up bright and early on Friday to get the Christmas tree with my side of the family, Derrick and I hit the road for Myrtle Beach to spend the weekend with Derrick's side of the family. This is a new tradition that was started last year and everyone really seems to enjoy it. Unfortunately my camera was low on battery and we were too busy having fun for me to remember to charge it. I do have some phone pics though. Saturday morning we hit the beach for some baseball time with the kids. I'm not as good as I remember...apparently a 15 year hiatus translates to lost batter form. Oh well...I had fun drawing in the sand with the girls instead.


Cassie and Riley both wrote sweet notes in the sand for Derrick and I. I didn't even have to tell either one of them how to spell our names!





That afternoon we were introduced to this crazy new thing called Magi-Quest. I didn't know that this was even a thing. Basically the kids had wands from another time that they went that they were able to re-use. Their wands get charged up when they get there and then you're released into this huge room. I don't even know how to describe it. It's kind of a medieval scavenger hunt and you use your wand at each of the stops to record that you've been there. Anyways...you won't understand unless you go there but the kids had a blast. Leanna and I stayed with the girls and Derrick and Kevin went with Trey.


Then that night was the Pirates Voyage dinner show. It's very similar to Medieval Times if you've ever eaten there. You get divided into two teams and you are cheering for your pirates to win the competition. This show was Christmas themed. I'm not going to lie...it got pretty weird. When the pirates all stop and start singing hymns while Mary and Joseph ride in on a real donkey and lay Jesus in a manger in the middle of the pirate ship, it just feels weird. Not to mention the wise men riding in on real camels. Yeah....sorry Pirates Voyage, I'm not buying it. The rest of the show was great though!




It was so nice to have so much time to hang out and catch up. We're excited to get together again for Christmas in a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment