Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Celebrating the Turkey p. 2 : A Williams/Marcey Christmas Vacation

Ok..so this post is a little more Christmas themed than Thanksgiving themed but it happened over Thanksgiving break. We have a tradition of driving up into the Mountains to Sam's tree farm and cutting down our Christmas tree. Typically we stuff 6-7 people and 2 dogs into one car and make the nauseating drive up those curvy roads. This year we had 8 people and 2 dogs so we had to get a little Griswald.


Yep, we rented a 15 passenger van so we could all be together on the drive up.  I think we all agreed it was a little bit weird. Mom and Dad up front had a hard time talking to anyone in the back. I was glad we did it though...I think the memory was worth it and I enjoyed the togetherness.


Bear and Crosby sat in the first row with me and were the best they've ever been on this trip. Usually Bear is really anxious and Crosby is on high alert. I think being up front and in the same seat as me calmed them down and they just slept the whole way. Plus Bear was still exhausted from our round of disc golf the day before.


Mom and Pop Griswald


All the brothers and Crosby. I love each one of them!


We were the first ones at the farm that morning and almost had the mountain to ourselves. They take you on a hayride up the mountain and let you loose.

 

This was Nabeel's first tree hunting experience. I'm pretty sure we made the first one count for him. He'll have high standards from now on.



Crosby LOVED it. I think she would have lived on the mountain if they let her. The people there are awesome and don't mind if we let the dogs off leash so she was running everywhere and rolling in the snow. She loves snow. She would disappear for a while and pop back up randomly.


Bear was not pleased being left out of the family photo.



So we let him in. He'll always be part of my family.



This picture shows Crosby in her true form on the mountain.







And finally, the whole Griswald Gang!








You couldn't even see our tree on top of the van!


True to form we stopped in Valdese on the way home to eat lunch at Myras. We always do this. It's a little burger joint with milkshakes and fashioned decor. Ricky Martin is staring at you when you go to the bathroom.





 They had a penny scale so we all weighed ourselves. We all agreed it was a little high. I hope so, otherwise I need to get back to the gym!


 And then Dad topped us all off with milkshakes that came in the gigantic styrofoam cooler.


Next stop, Myrtle Beach with the Marceys!

2 comments: