Monday, December 9, 2013

Celebrations!

This weekend there was a lot to celebrate so we were busy as usual! On Friday night was my Coldwell Banker work party. I had just started in the business last year about a month before last years party but I was too scared to go  :)  I didn't really know anybody yet and can get nervous in those situations sometimes. Over the course of this year I have gotten to know people much better in my office so it wasn't even a question if we were going or not. The office treated us well this year. The party was at the Preston Country Club. They had a cash bar and absolutely delicious food. I was excited to show Derrick off and have him meet all of the people that I come home talking about. I just have this one picture and it's blurry so you'll just have to close your eyes and imagine.


On Saturday we had a wedding to attend! Our friends Mitch and Tabitha were tying the knot and Derrick and I felt so honored to be there. We were two of a very small group of frisbee friends who were there and we were so excited to be included. We were also excited that we really like those few frisbee people that did come so we were able to hang out and chat all night.

Mitch played on wHagonweel with us two years ago and on Raleighwood with us this past year. He is a police officer and met his wife at the police academy. She would come to the tournaments and cheer us on and is so sweet. Their wedding was awesome. Instead of describing it all I'll let you use your imagination by telling you that the wedding started with THIS clip of the wedding scene from the Princess Bride... Maawedge!

Here's a picture of the whole frisbee group!


 And a repeat of our picture from the office Christmas party.


 We're both wearing the exact same thing....don't judge.

Then, yesterday we celebrated Alexander's birthday. He just moved in to his new Durham apartment so we helped him get a couple of his big furniture pieces set up and grabbed a small lunch in order to save room for Buffalo Wild Wings and the Panther's game that night. We stuffed ourselves silly. Here's the birthday boy enjoying a very rich piece of chocolate cake. He and Derrick both got one but I could barely moved so I opted out.


Now time to tackle the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment