Thursday, August 1, 2013

Real Estate Blunder

The most embarrassing thing happened at one of my recent inspections! It's even taken me a while to blog about it! Thank goodness there was only one other person there.  Anyways, I was at a home inspection for one of my buyers who was buying this adorable house. 


I was just sitting at the kitchen getting some work done while the inspector was doing his thing. Luckily I've used this inspector before and he has come to expect a little bit of ridiculousness from me.  Well, I was sitting there working on my iPad and twisted back in the chair and all of the sudden I was on the floor! I broke the sellers chair and was just sitting on the floor! 

The inspector came running in and I was just bright red trying to fix this chair. Thank goodness it was one of those farm table style chairs and the rungs between each of the legs had just popped apart. Nothing had cracked and I was able to put it all back together. I ended up setting the chair in the middle of the living room and putting a note on it apologizing for breaking their chair and offering to bring some gorilla glue over later!

The seller called later and was just as embarrassed as I was that the chair had broken underneath me. Apparently they put that chair on the far side of the kitchen table because no one ever sits there and it has a tendency to break. I met them later at closing and we all had a laugh over it but I still felt so bad. Especially when I found out they threw that entire dining set away and got a new one after the incident.

Never a dull moment...seriously. Derrick asks me if I'm a real person at least once a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment