Friday, August 23, 2013

We've Created a Monster!

Crosby is obsessed with Frisbee.

OBSESSED!

I think most people know she can catch a frisbee when Derrick and I throw them to her. It's her all time favorite activity. Her first catch ever was actually caught on camera and you can see my embarassing reaction in the background.

 
In my defense, I'm pretty sure you would have all reacted like that too if your dog suddenly grew wings and became an all-star at the sport that you and your husband devote hours upon hours to.

That was dramatic.

Anyways, that was about two years ago. Three? Somebody help me out here. Since then her obsession has grown. She will catch frisbees until her gums bleed. She knows the smell of dry-fit clothing and when Derrick or I put it on it is over. She is alert and ready to go and is determined to not be left behind. And when we do leave her behind on occasion, we and our neighbors hear about it.

I took this picture of her last night. We were on the UNC turf fields so we couldn't let her off leash to play before the game. I was there watching Derrick in his final men's league game and she was tuned into the game. She sat at the end of her leash, just like this, and watch every pass. She could find Derrick in the mass of players and would get extra excited if she saw him on our end of the field. When she couldn't stand it anymore she would pace back and forth whining and pleading to get out on the field. We have seriously created a monster.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment