Monday, August 19, 2013

Chesapeake Invite

This past weekend Raleighwood headed to the Chesapeake Invite ultimate tournament in Leesburg, VA. I was in a class for most of the day and Derrick had to work so we didn't hit the road until about 5 PM and didn't get to our hotel until about 10:30. This meant an 8:30 start time was brutal! We had to be at the fields around 7:45 the next morning so we were up at 7:00 and heading that way.

I unfortunately sprained my ankle on Thursday in our soccer match so I was really worried about playing. It wasn't nearly as bad as my sprains in the past so I had the trainer tape it up and played through it. It was a little sore but not enough to keep me off the field.

Our first game was against Muff' n Men, the 4th seed in our pool. We were the third seed. Muff n' Men came out playing well and we came out playing poorly and we paid for it. I really think we had the ability to win that game but our slow start caught up with us and Muff'n Men won. We lost our second game to the number 1 seed but it was a good game and we were finally playing up to our potential.

Jack was pretty wiped out after our first game.


That first game against Muff'n Men ended up screwing up our placing. Even though we beat the 2nd seeded team in the pool it came down to point differential and we ended up just missing out on the championship bracket. After our first two games we won out though so we ended up winning our last 5 straight games and taking home 5th.  I really think that if we had come out stronger in that first game and beat Muff'n Men we would have been in the finals. Ahh well.

I love being able to play ultimate with Derrick. It's our thing. And it's been really fun to have Jack on the team. I know it's brought Jack and I closer together and I think it's brought Derrick and Jack closer as well.

Jack is a cutter. He usually cuts deep and catches it in the endzone. I set up a play for him this weekend to go deep and it didn't work out so he ended up cutting in and catching the disc so I cut deep for him and he hucked it to me. It was awesome!


Here's a picture of the whole team looking great in our greens.


And while we were away Crosby was hanging out with her BFF Lucy. When Courtney and Jeff sent us this picture we couldn't believe it. Crosby is not usually a lover but apparently Lucy has turned her.


1 comment: