Thursday, August 22, 2013

Random Life Adventures

Derrick and I have been busy recently but not with a ton of lengthy blog worthy activities so here is a random life dump and photo dump of some of the happenings in our lives recently.

A few weekends ago I went with Nikki, her mom, and Somer to a wedding show to scout out vendors for Nikki's wedding. It was a really fun girls day and we got to eat lots of delicious food samples and cake samples! Nikki met several good vendors she has been following up with so I'd call it a successful day!



Derrick and I went to a surprise party for our friend Kurt. He and his wife just had their second kid back in May and I don't think he was expecting to get away for an entire evening. Some other frisbee people came it was really awesome to catch up with Kurt. My camera didn't exactly capture the moment.


Derrick and I decided to celebrate his new job in style but we wanted to wait until he had his first paycheck :) So last Wednesday night we headed over to the Angus Barn. Neither of us had ever been there and it was definitely a neat experience. The food was great but the inside was nothing like I had expected. I don't know why...it's called a barn! It was a really fun, fancy date night and I'm really glad we went.


Oh, and I made Derrick pose for a First Day at Microsoft picture with his badge. If he stays with Microsoft for a long time I thought it would be fun to look back and see how he started. He humored me. He's a good husband.



I had two closings this week! One on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. It was a little stressful at the end of last week and early this week but both transactions closed and both of my clients are happy. I stopped by to visit my Tuesday closing at her house and took her an Adirondack chair as a closing gift and a mosquito candle because they are bad in her new backyard. It was so great to see her happy. At my Wednesday closing I gave my client a Duke University banner. The seller had one hanging in the house and took it with her and he had been eyeing it. He loved it! I also got incredible compliments from both my client and the other agent at that closing. The other agent is trying to recruit me to Fonville Morisey! It was definitely a good day :)

While Derrick, Jack, and I were at Chesapeake last weekend Mom and Dad stayed at our apartment in Raleigh. When we got back we had a little gift on our kitchen table. Mom and Dad had gotten me some storage containers for my china! My Grandma gave me her china as a wedding gift and since she passed away last December it means more to me then ever. It was just stored in a cardboard box up to this point so I'm glad it finally has a more appropriate storage container.

Isn't it so pretty and classic?
                                                                                             

 Here it is all packaged up.


And just because no post is as good without a picture of Crosby, here she is showing off her newly acquired creepy smile:







No comments:

Post a Comment