Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happenings

This past weekend we competed in our Winter League Tournament. I always look forward to this tournament because it's typically lots of playing time and it's local! I can sleep in my own bed on Friday and Saturday night! Due to a quick downpour the day before a couple of the field sites were not playable. This unfortunately meant that we had to cram 6 games into one field site so our 2 hour rounds turned into 1 hour rounds. That equals only 3 hours of tournament play :(  On top of that, we lost two of our three games and didn't even make it to Sunday so the tournament was very short lived. As disappointing as that was, it was still a good time and the weather was gorgeous. Travis even won the spirit award for our team!! It was fun playing with him in his first real frisbee league. He played awesome!

(Insert picture of Travis with his spirit disc that I never got around to taking)

Immediately from the tournament, I threw some jeans on over my mud and headed to a showing. Derrick and Travis came with me and sat in the car since it was on that side of town. Then I headed home to drop Derrick and Travis off and immediately headed back out to a listing appointment. I'm telling you, Real Estate is rocking and rolling! 

Last night, on date night, Derrick and I went to dinner, had ice cream at Kilwins, and then watched Happy Gilmore. I had never seen it before which is apparently a sin. I love date nights. We are able to see each other and have dinner together almost every night, but date night is always something different than the everyday and just us. I hope we keep it up. 

Tonight Derrick is competing in the Men's League Championship. This is a very competitive league that you have to be invited to and his team has made it to the finals. It's going to be cold tonight, but Crosby and I will be out there supporting him and watching him play. It's probably going to be feisty! I'm also excited because at the winter league game I got invited to play in a women's showcase game on Saturday! The triangle ultimate scene is very focused on encouraging youth ultimate and women's ultimate. There is a high school women's tournament in Chapel Hill this weekend and they have asked some of the local club team women to play in a showcase game after the Saturday rounds. I was pretty excited to be invited. It's not like it's a big deal to be invited...I probably could have emailed them and gotten on the list. I'm just excited to play. 

Finally, Crosby has been a big help with real estate recently. I think this picture speaks for itself. 








No comments:

Post a Comment