Friday, February 14, 2014

Fun, Snowy Week!

Tuesday night was date night so Derrick and I used to chance to get out of the house before the impending snow storm and catch a movie. We have been really liking this new theater near us because the seats are leather and nice, and they have $5 movies and drinks/popcorn on Tuesdays. Just worked out perfectly for date night! We saw the Lego Movie. It was pretty cute and much more entertaining than I was expecting going into it. 


There is one problem though. I have had this song stuck in my head all week!


I had a couple appointments on Thursday I was able to push up to Wednesday morning and I was home before the snow started. I texted Derrick at 12:37 and told him it was starting to Flurry and then by 12:45 the roads were already turning white. It hit us so fast! I was really thankful when Derrick walked through the door a little after 1:00....with Bojangles!

Lots of other people were not so lucky. The roads gridlocked pretty quickly and we were watching the craziness on the news. My best friend Nikki's fiance works in Chapel Hill and he ended up having to stay the night at work. It was just insane how quickly the road conditions got bad. 

We decided to get Crosby out of the house and exercised before the snow turned to ice and I grabbed a couple pics. I know the ones two weeks ago weren't enough for you!



We didn't lose power, thank goodness. Thursday Derrick worked from home and I watched Lost all day. He has gotten me hooked on this show. I know I'm super late and everybody was watching this 5 years ago when it was actually airing but I am just now jumping on the bandwagon. I just finished season 1 so don't spoil it for me!  I will say it was nice to do NO real estate on Thursday. I don't think I've had a day in a loooong time where I haven't worked to some degree and recently I've been working super full days and having things to do on the weekends so it was a much enjoyed break. 

Today is Valentine's day :) Derrick and I are making dinner together and I've got surprise strawberry cupcakes in the oven. Then I think we're doing the heart puzzle he gave me this morning. Should be low key and perfect. 

Happy Valentines Day to you and your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment