Thursday, September 12, 2013

Weekend Fun

Last weekend both of my brothers were in town. We had just been together for Labor Day but Jay had the whole week off so after spending some time with Mom and Dad early in the week, Jay came to Raleigh on his way home. Jack was coming into town anyways for Sectionals on Saturday so they met at our apartment on Friday afternoon. I still wasn't feeling too great. I was sick earlier in the week and I didn't feel up to adventuring with them but I still wanted it to be a fun night for them. Nikki was already planning on coming over for dinner and games and Travis and Claire were able to come too! They brought Kan Jam!

Jay and Jack sweetly stopped by the grocery store for me to pick up salad and bread and I got to work on stuffed shells for dinner. This recipe is delicious and even easy enough for an amateur like me!

I asked Travis and Claire to bring Kan Jam! It's this awesome tailgating game that Derrick and I got them for their house warming. See that black can in the picture below? There are two of them and they sit about 50 feet apart. Your teammate stands at the other can (like cornhole) and you throw the disc at the can. Your partner is on the other end and tries to "Jam" it into the can. You play to 21 but if your partner gets it through that tiny frisbee sized slot in the can you instantly win. This never happens.


UNTIL IT HAPPENS!


TWICE!!!!!!


Whaaaaat???? Did that just happen!!! It was crazy! Travis sunk it straight through and then won instantly! It was amazing and it happened just as Nikki got there so we were all going crazy.  Then, Derrick couldn't let Travis take all the glory, so Derrick did it almost immediately in the very next game. Cool peace sign Derrick! That never goes out of style :)

We rounded out the night with some fun games inside. I think Jack and Jay really enjoyed getting to know Travis and Claire and catching up with Nikki.

The next day Jay came out and supported us for a game at our sectionals tournament before he had to head back home. Here he is distracting Jack on the sidelines.


As much as we were glad he was there, our team decided Jack does not play as well with his older brother on the sideline. Too much pressure!

It was great getting some bro-time this weekend! I've seen a lot of Jack recently but I don't get to see enough of Jay with all of his traveling. 

Love you both!! Come again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment