Monday, September 16, 2013

Climb On!

Derrick and I have started a new hobby and we're all in. I went climbing with Nikki and Justin a couple months ago and told Derrick how fun it was and thought we should consider it as an off season sport. He jumped on board and on Labor Day Monday we went to a belay class at the climbing gym.  We invited our friends Travis and Claire to come with us and they got as hooked as we did! I used to belay kids up the rock wall at camp all the time but it had been long ago enough that I was very happy to go to the class and refresh my memory. Everybody passed! Woot woot!

Long story short, we are now members of the gym and we all own our own harnesses, climbing shoes, chalk bags, and belay devices. It is so fun and a great workout! I think all four of us have permanent claws for hands but we can all tell we're getting better.  I also love that Nikki and Justin are members so we can meet up with them to climb as well. We're officially hooked!






1 comment:

  1. Yay! Post-wedding let's go! Climbing can be so addicting :) I'm sure if you guys & Crosby wanted an outdoor adventure, Steve would be most happy to take you to Pilot sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete