Sunday, March 10, 2013

OMG Derek Fisher!!

This past Friday night Derrick and I got to have a quick little get-a-way to Charlotte. I got him Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Charlotte Bobcats tickets for Christmas and it was finally here! Derrick's favorite NBA team is the OKC Thunder ever since Kevin Durant joined the team. His favorite player, however, is James Harden aka Beard-Face [Beard-Fa-Say]. Who wants to take a guess at how mad I was when they traded Beard-Face the DAY after I got those tickets!!! Ugggggh

It was OK though because Derrick was still pumped on Christmas morning to open two matching Thunder t-shirts and a note announcing our upcoming trip. 

Derrick took a half day at work and we were on our way. We dropped Crobs at Grandma's house (aka Derrick's Mom's house) and headed to Charlotte. It was a good thing we left early...traffic was not fun around Lake Norman.

But we made it!!


Our hotel was only a few blocks from the arena so we ditched the car, dumped our bags, shined up our OKC logos and headed to the arena!


We were immediately greeted with a good omen. It was Rufus' birthday so all of his mascot friends were there to celebrate...including this pretty lady!


Our seats were awesome! They were almost exactly center court and ended up being around 8 rows up from the floor. I was counting on row F being row 6 but they don't account for some of the first couple rows I guess.  Here's a pictures taken from even farther away from the court then our seats were. It was awesome!


And that's when we saw him!

Bulldog...Bulldog Fisher...D Fisher...Fish....Fish Face...Fish-tastic....Fish Dog...Old Man Fish...

Derek  Fisher!!!

He is my favorite NBA player and just got picked up by the Thunder about 2 weeks ago. I literally screamed in our apartment when Derrick paused ESPN for me to read the bottom scrolley-bar announcement.  Derrick even tricked me into saying he was my favorite Derrick. Not true...he's my favorite Derek...but nowhere near my favorite Derrick :)  Did you follow that?

Proof:



Ok..enough proof. Needless to say...it was awesome! And he went on to have a great game against the Bobcats.

Ok..funny moment of the night. There were these little leaguers playing basketball on the court before tip off. Lets size up the coaches shall we?

vs

Who do you want to play for?

There's Durantula!! I'm not going to say he was a little bit whiny that night. Don't want to hurt his feelings when he reads this. He was moving so fast I couldn't get a focused picture of him. Must be those mile long legs of his.


Mascot Party!


Here is a picture of the tip off. I've already sold the rights to the Charlotte Observer so you'll need to contact them to get your own copy of this shot. 


Ok..We were trying to figure out if this was Michael Jordan. Khaki Jacket, Coral shirt.  He owns the Bobcats you know. It's possible he was too embarrassed to show his face so he gave his tickets to this doppelganger.


The Thunder ended up crushing the Bobcats and removed their starters by the beginning of the 4th quarter. It would have been nice to see a closer game, but it did leave lots of playing time for Fish Dog!


After the game Derrick and I stopped for a delicious meal of BBQ at a local place called the City Smoke. 


It was an awesome trip. I haven't been to Charlotte in years...lots and lots of years and I was impressed by the size of the city. They always say Charlotte is a big city but you think...no way...it's in NC. It actually is and I can see it as a cool place to visit for a bit longer next time. We headed home the next morning to catch our first Spring League frisbee game but it was definitely a fun adventure and a nice little getaway to celebrate Derrick's Christmas and 10 month's of marriage....whoa....

No comments:

Post a Comment