Sunday, March 24, 2013

Definitely Some Wine in this Design!

Friday night I had a fun girls night with Holly, Meredith, and Rebecca. I love these ladies. Derrick has been best friends with the same three guys (and Holly) since at least high school. We are all the ladies that ended up with these guys and we all get along very well. It's awesome!

Friday we decided to join the Wine and Design trend. Have you seen all those pictures on Facebook of groups of girls holding up the same painting? Yeah...that's this. You paint and you drink wine (or in Holly and my case: Mike's Hard Lemonade :)  We went on college night and painted the NC State bell tower. There were some serious artists in that room.  Us? well....they put us at the back table.  Enough said...

Just kidding! Ours look great from a distance of at least 15 feet! 

Here's some pictures of the night!

They outline what you are going to paint. That's why everybody's looks the same.  Here is ours before hand.


Our group before we started. 

From left to right: Meredith, Holly, Me, Rebecca
 Start with the sky! Then add the bushes!
 Rebecca had an interesting technique. 


 

I want to come back on the night they do this cow! They have open studios where you can pick your own painting and I'd pick this. I also want to do a paint your pet one.


Here are our finished works of art!


Mom...I'm pretty sure you would love this because you're such an artist! Come visit so we can go!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to do this again! I'm gonna start marking my growth (Will I get better/worse over time?! Does more/less wine affect anything?). XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very talented group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think less wine might have helped, Rebecca :) Fabulous night with fabulous ladies! Must do again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love it - that's true! Let me know when another one is scheduled :)

    ReplyDelete