Monday, March 18, 2013

Color Run

Holy cow what a weekend!! We already knew this weekend was going to be busy but it turned even crazier then we first planned for. We started out the weekend by driving to Winston Salem to run in the Color Run!  Derrick's Aunt Mel has turned into a running superstar and does lots of 5K runs. She convinced  Leanna and I to run this one with her a while back. I realized last Wednesday that I hadn't trained at all for this so I was a little bit nervous for the run but I guess once a week Frisbee kept me in better shape then I thought.

The color run is basically a 5 kilometer race with 4 color stations. At these stations you run through a tunnel of color (colored corn starch) and come out the other side completely covered in color. By the end of the race you are tie dyed in 4-5 different colors all over your body. It was definitely a cool experience and made the 3 miles fly by.

There were sooo many people there and everybody was dressed in white shirts.


Unfortunately dogs weren't allowed to run in the race but Crosby still wore a white T-shirt in hopes of catching a little color.


Here we are pre-race and pre-color. Crosby and Derrick were my biggest fans :)


Kevin was there to support Leanna in her first ever 5K. She did awesome!


Here's everybody pre-race on team Piggly Wiggly with pig tails and all. See my sweet tat?


My only complaint about the race was the start time organization. The race supposedly started at 10 but there were so many people, they released everybody in waves. We didn't know this and ended up being in the last wave. That meant we didn't even start running til 10:45. We just stood in this giant crowd of runners for 45 minutes. By the time we got started there were tons of people already finished. I think they should have had you sign up for a specific wave so that not everybody showed up at 10:00 ready to race. Here we are at the back of the line!  Look behind the random children..I'm not sure who they are...


Here is an awesome shot of the color festival after the race. That stuff sticks to you and makes you  look crazy!


We finished!! Here we are all colored up!


And releasing our color packets!


Cros even got a little color!


It was an awesome time and I'm glad I got to run it with such awesome ladies. Thanks to our fan club! It was fun to run across the finish line and see Derrick, his mom, and Kevin cheering us on.

We didn't get to stay for the color festival. We had to immediately run to the car and book it home for our frisbee game at 1:00 and that was just a start to this whirlwind weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment