Monday, March 4, 2013

I Don't Care Bears

This past weekend Derrick and I headed to Winston Salem for a fun off-season frisbee tournament called Glazed Daze. I somehow ended up in charge of coordinating our team and creating jerseys. The team consisted of a lot of wHw players and alumni and their friends and family. I tried to get Jack so come play but he was off winning the Championship at his own tournament this weekend :)

Our friend Andrew came up with the awesome team name "I Don't Care Bears" and sent me a logo that I could iron onto the front of t-shirts. I then came up with the idea of putting names on the back of every jersey so Andrew and I brainstormed those as well.  The Care Bears all had names like Sunshine Bear and Happy Bear but since we were the I Don't Care Bears, we had names like Bad Bear and BiPolar Bear. They turned out awesome!




We have been pet sitting for Kari and Eugene this past week. They had their twin baby boys and they are doing great! Derrick and I were on call for their black lab Charlie when the babies came so we were a little surprised to get the call so early, but happy that we could help out. Since we had Charlie, we decided to wait until Saturday morning to head to Winston Salem. I woke up feeling a little under the weather. After googling my symptoms I either have the West Nile Virus, the Whooping Cough, or the Common Cold....
whatever it is, I've been stuck in bed all day today with it. A long weekend of Frisbee was probably not what the doctor would have ordered. 

Anyways, the tournament was freeeeeezing and the sun would only come out in spurts. We had a really fun, laid back team though and, despite going 2-2 on the first day we all had a great time. 

Sunday was still freezing and with steady 20 mph winds. We went 3-1 on Sunday and ended the tournament in 3rd place. Not bad for a team that "doesn't care" :)

Here are the only pictures I got from the weekend:



Derrick's Mom came out and braved the cold and wind to watch us! She's one of our most devoted fans :) Thanks for watching us, feeding us, nursing us back to health, and giving us a place to stay!


1 comment: