Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Real Realtor

I'm finally starting to feel like a real Realtor and it feels great! I knew as soon as I turned in my notice as Property Manager in September that I had made a good decision. I immediately felt a wave of relief and I know that I have been less grumpy, and a better wife, daughter, and friend. That job was bringing me down!

What I didn't know for sure yet was if going into Real Estate was a good move. On paper it all made sense. It felt like a natural transition from Property Management and I was familiar with it since my mom is an agent in Hickory. It was, however, a choice to leave a well-paying job and put more pressure on Derrick to support us. I think he would agree that it has turned out to be a change for the better though.

Well, this past week was really great! In Real Estate, one source of leads is referred to as your Sphere of Influence or SOI. My SOI is fantastic. I got four leads from my SOI last week and I am actively working with three of them now. My dream would be to have a referral based business from my SOI and I feel like I'm on the right track! Additionally, my other two current clients are moving right along. One is under contract and the other one had a very educational week and we have narrowed down exactly what he is looking for. I learn how to deal with something new everyday and I'm really enjoying it.

Final peice of the puzzle came from a mentor at work. He asked me to team up with him on his website generated leads. It's a huge opportunity and I am very flattered that he selected me out of the many options he had.

Anyways...this is just a brain dump so I can remember that day I really started feeling like I'm doing well! I hope this high sticks around. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive in my change and thanks to my awesome SOI! It means a lot that you trust me with your house hunt and with recommending me to friends and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment