Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Girls Weekend in Montreat

It's been weird not playing frisbee this season. That's usually such a huge part of my summer and it typically occupies 3 days a week and several weekends of the summer. I've definitely felt like I've had a lot more free time and it's been nice sometimes and hard to adjust to at other times.

Last weekend Derrick had a tournament in Ohio so I went on a girls weekend to Montreat. I've got fun weekend plans for all of Derrick's travel tournament weekends and that makes it so much easier to deal with taking the season off. It's been nice to have the time to do things like this that I haven't had time for in previous years.

My friend Lily has access to a family mountain house in Montreat, NC and invited a couple of us up for a chill weekend. Lily introduced me to Caitlin a couple years ago and it's been an awesome friendship...I feel super lucky to have both these ladies in my life!

We drove up late Friday night and woke up for a full day of hiking and exploring Asheville on Saturday.  Montreat is gorgeous! I had been before for college retreats so it was fun to be back.


We started with a hike for the dogs on Saturday morning. Crosby was in heaven!


That's her new friend Callie in the background. They were best buds all weekend.


Pure joy right here :)


I wish I'd gotten more pictures...I don't even have one group shot of the three of us. We ate amazing food and explored hidden gems like this champagne bookstore.



I even bought a piece of art off the wall of a restaurant. I'm still deciding if this is going to my mom or going up in the nursery. That banjo title is calling my mom's name.


Another highlight of the trip was having brunch with Blue and Amelia!! I hadn't seen them since Amelia was 10 days old and they both looked amazing! Blue is an incredible mom and Amelia is so full of personality.  Like mother like daughter...keeping an eye out for those firemen!


Weekends like this are so refreshing but I was definitely still thinking about Derrick and the tournament. Luckily I knew he was in good hands and Alison sent me steady SnapChat updates.


PS...just got word I passed my three hour glucose test. Let's eat cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment