Thursday, August 31, 2017

Forty Buck Bathroom Change-Up

Our upstairs bathroom is really small and hard to photograph so these first couple photos are silly looking.  We haven't touched it since we moved in and in my dreams we'll renovate it and punch it out into the craft room to make it larger one day. 

It was a room I wanted to at least freshen up before Furnace came because it's only been used for Crosby baths and overflow guests for 3 years. Since this was going to be his bathroom I wanted to give it a little bit of love. 

It started out painted the same tan as the rest of the upstairs. I forgot to snap pictures until I had already started some of the prep work. I was originally thinking a mint would be cute in here but it's so small and the light is so flourescent I didn't want it to blind the world.  


I ended up using leftover paint from Furnace's nursery. I bought a new shower curtain, a new back of rollers, and a new outlet to replace the burned one to total about $40 for a fresh look.




I'd still like to switch out the mirror, light fixture, and potentially paint the vanity but that's not going to happen before the baby comes so I gave it a good scrubbing and called it a day. it's already so much more cheerful than it was and I'm happy to call this one done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment