Thursday, August 3, 2017

Burp Cloth DIY

As I've been gathering tips and tricks from other new moms about what works best I was told that cloth diapers make the best burp cloths! They are apparently super absorbent and unbeatable in the spit up department. When I was hanging out with a 5 month old last week and saw the amount of spit up that ended up all over his mom, himself, and the floor, I realized we're going to be using burp cloths for a while. 

Seems obvious, but that was when it clicked for me. I have burp cloths on our registry but I decided to go ahead and get some more because I don't think we can have too many and I wanted to have some fun with them. They make burp cloths similar to these which is where I got the idea but they are $25 for two which seems pricey just for the cute factor. 

I got a 10 pack of cloth diapers and then I had these fat quarters from spoonflower that I bought on sale last year before I knew what I would do with them. If you don't know spoonflower then go search now. It's an online fabric store and the prints are amazing!

I washed and ironed the cloth diapers first. 


And then washed and ironed the fabric. These suckers are going to be getting dirty so pre-shrinking was necessary so they are washable after construction. 


It took me just a couple hours to knock out all ten of them and that flew by with my podcasts going in the background.  I just cut the fabric into strips and sewed them along the seams that were already in the diapers.



I love this adventure fabric....so cute and appropriate with our nursery!




I know burp cloths don't have to be cute but these were fun to make and I wanted to do something to feel like I was prepping for his arrival. The nursery is at a pause until the glider comes in so this was the perfect project to tide me over until it's time to decorate!


No comments:

Post a Comment