Friday, August 11, 2017

Third Trimester- We made it!

We made it to third trimester on Wednesday so that means we only have 12 weeks to go as a family of three. It's pretty crazy to think about...I've gotten very used to and comfortable with our current life. We're both very excited though and already completely obsessed with Furnace so I'm pretty sure we'll be happy when he gets here but I'm sure it will be a shock to the system :)

We didn't take a good picture on Wednesday but I snapped a bathroom selfie. I'm definitely growing and feeling a lot bigger but I'm pretty happy with my weight gain and activity level. I'm either walking or playing pickleball at least 4-5 times a week. 


The worst symptom I have is pretty terrible rib pain. It feels like a burning or tearing in my upper right ribcage right under my chest. It comes and goes but when it's bad it's really bad. I thought for a while it was just stretching and growing pains. Then I thought it was his foot up in my rib cage. After further research I'm pretty sure it's a pinched or strained nerve from my rib cage moving and expanding. It helps to put downward pressure on it so I found this belly band that I'll pull out on bad days. 


The belly band helps sometimes but mostly I just have to lay down or deal with it. Good news is it should go away once he's here...so 12 more weeks. I can handle that. 

I feel like I'm in this middle slump of pregnancy...it feels like I've been pregnant for ages but I still have a long time to go. Once we get through August I think it will fly. We've got baby showers, our hospital class starts, and we'll be in the single digits of weeks. I'm trying to embrace and enjoy the downtime while we have it but I am very ready to have my body back. I can't imagine how people feel who have had a bad pregnancy...mine has been very manageable but I still enjoy not being pregnant more than I enjoy being pregnant. 

Derrick has a tournament this weekend but my family is coming into town for Jack's AUDL game so I'm looking forward to having everybody here to distract me from the fact that I'm not playing frisbee!

No comments:

Post a Comment