Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Weekend Rush

Work has really been picking up again! You can probably tell because blogging has slowed down and that's always how it goes. I'm happy to be busy though and I'm really enjoying the people I'm working with!

This past weekend Derrick took off on a guys weekend to the beach and I stayed home to participate in a coaching clinic in Durham. The clinic was really good and I learned a lot about handling our team, managing logistics, and breaking down coaching concepts. If anyone in the area is thinking about coaching a youth team, or even if you haven't thought about it before, I would totally recommend it. Derrick and I enjoy it so much and have really grown to love and care about our kids. This sounds so corny but their successes really are ours and it's so rewarding to see them get better!

Plus, if you take the coaching clinic, you get a sweet disc bag!

After the clinic I drove to Hickory for a super quick visit with Mom, Dad, and Jay. Dad's birthday is Thursday so "the originals", aka Jay and I, drove down to get some family time in. We did a lot of relaxing, eating, and talking with no real agenda. It was fantastic and I'm so glad I could make it down!

This week is looking like more work, maybe some pickleball, and a high school tournament this weekend! It's gonna be busy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds busy!

    No mention of the record-setting escape room at the beach?

    Good luck with your tournament! They are lucky to have such great coaches!

    ReplyDelete