Monday, October 3, 2016

Couchity Couch Couch!

We got a new couch and it's beautiful and I love it!

Our downstairs couch was a hand-me-down from my parents and it has been great for us over the last several years. It's super comfortable and soft but it was making the room feel really dark and heavy.


My parents also gave us another hand-me-down leather couch that was upstairs in the superbowl room. The upstairs couch went to our friend's Nikki and Justin and the downstairs couch is now living upstairs in the superbowl room. All to make room for our new couch that I love so much!

When we first started looking around for a new couch it was surprising how expensive they were. We knew we wanted one that would look really good but also that would last a really long time and we knew it would be an investment. The prices were still surprising though. Then I stumbled across Interior Define.  You basically design your own couch and they hand make it directly from your order. We picked the fabric, the legs, and the shape. The reviews are amazing and they have guarantees that make ordering a couch sight-unseen a little less scary. Best thing...the prices are very good compared to other traditional custom couch places.

Also, white glove delivery is free! Most places tack on an extra $150 for white glove delivery but they include everything. It took just over 8 weeks and then we saw this glorious sight.



It's not in the delivery guy's job description to move other furniture but I offered them cash to move the downstairs couch upstairs. Derrick and I both believe this was money well spent and they were happy to do it for us.


The couch came in a cardboard box. Once out of the box it was completely wrapped in a canvas bag.


Under the canvas bag it was totally bubble wrapped and all of the edges were protected with cardboard. I was dancing around fist pumping the entire time they were unpacking it. You think I'm joking...


OMG...first glimpses of the fabric! I had a 4 inch by 6 inch swatch to look at when picking the fabric so I was most nervous that I wouldn't like what I picked. Turns out it was just as beautiful in person as it was in my head.


Interior Define has a lot of different legs to choose from but I was immediately drawn to these brass T-legs. I asked them to drill holes for future replacement just in case I ever changed my mind and they were happy to for no extra charge. I can order new legs from them if we ever get tired of these but I'm totally thrilled with them so I think we'll be keeping them for a very long time.


Ok...here it is!!!


It makes our living room feel so fancy!




The only surprise I've found out about it is the depth of the seat. My mom warned me to check the seat depths while we were couch shopping and I thought I did. It's technically the same depth as the one upstairs but the back cushions are much thinner. This makes the actual seat feel deeper. Derrick has no problems with it but if I sit straight up with my back against the cushions, my feet don't touch the ground. If I were to re-design I might make it an eensy bit narrower in the seat but I'm actually a more curl up on the couch type of person so it hasn't bothered me at all. Plus..who sits straight up on a couch? Not me! It also means there is a lot more room for napping and Derrick can fit end to end without his head or feet touching the arms.


I really love how it looks with our purple chair. It makes all of the other colors in the living room pop.


I hope you love it! We do! Derrick even says he can tell a big difference with how the whole living room feels and looks so I'm glad he thinks it was worth it to buy. He goes along with my big ideas but sometimes doesn't see the vision in my head until it's done. I'm thankful he's so trusting!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great!

    That was a really long post just to say you needed a new place to put your beetle pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beetle pillow was the main motivation for this purchase. You know us too well!

      Delete
  2. Laurie, that couch is beautiful! TG legs are fabulous as well. You have an eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It totally transforms your space and fits perfectly. I love the choice of the T legs as well!

    I recently reupholstered our couch (a thrift store find) and originally bought it because of the depth of the seat...I will never go back to a shallow depth again! We are curl up on the couch people as well, its amazing!

    Courtney
    alwaysrooney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney! Your couch is amazing! I tried a wing back once and it was so hard! I don't know how you did a couch! Also, I'm loving your word ledges, I'm definitely using your tutorial to make one for our house!

      Delete