Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Teeny Tiny Hydrangeas

Our house backs up to woods and, besides the increased spider population, it's totally awesome. Private, quiet, and the perfect dumping ground for any weeds or yard waste we end up with. Our backyard is also totally not landscaped and, besides mowing it, we leave it to its own devices. 

Until I decided I wanted hydrangeas lining the back of our woods. I think it will be so pretty and I can't wait to be able to bring them into the house after they bloom.

Here's what we're working with. 


This area on the left side of the yard was my main target for now. I figured I'd see if they lasted before I invested in more. They are supposed to be pretty hardy but if anyone can kill them, it's me.


I went to the nursery and hydrangeas were $40 a piece! For after-season, dying-blooms, hydrangeas! And I wanted four. So...I took a risk and ordered some on amazon for $15 each and these showed up on my doorstep a few days later.


I used Derrick's prime account so I got a text questioning my sanity after I made the purchase but I figured it was a risk worth taking for a savings of over $100. They aren't going to bloom until next year anyway so they have all winter to freeze up and die flourish and grow!

I laughed out loud when I was done planting them.


You can't even see them! They make zero impact right now. They are TINY!


We shall see if they grow into the 5-6 foot wide bushes the tag promises.

In other news....google fiber made one more step closer to our home today! That means these blog posts will get posted even faster!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment